Monday, February 28, 2005

Interloper


Parakeet Posted by Hello

My feeder is for wild birds, but this parakeet showed up from somebody's birdcage. Actually, my bird book says sometimes tropical bird escapees find each other and start little foreigner flocks. I remember a few years ago seeing a small flock of parrots near our church in Dallas. A couple years ago I had a strange experience with a white dove. It was hot and dry summertime, and I was out watering the yard with a hose, and suddenly there was a white dove playing in the shower. For ever such a fleeting moment, I thought it was the Holy Spirit coming to visit me in a special way! I couldn't touch it, but it was somewhat tame. It flew just a few feet away and waited until I turned the water back on. I did a little research on the internet and learned it must have been one of those semi-trained white doves that they sometimes release at weddings. They usually fly back to their owner.

Kids all seem to be doing OK. Gary had to work on his birthday, but that's OK. Thank you for the gifts and cards and phone calls.

Today we finished our income taxes. We're getting a refund which should pay for one college payment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home