Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Discretionary Spending

Yesterday an unexpected check came labeled "discretionary." Isn't that a nice word? So I spent some of it discretionarily--including a ticket to go see my baby in Washington DC for a quick weekend trip in early May. I won't be able to be there for his graduation from the leadership training program he has been in this past year (in conflicts with Rachel's graduation on May 14) so I'm glad to get a chance to go the weekend before that. I'll also plan to take Gary shoe shopping with this gift--the shoes he's wearing are pathetic!

We also give thanks to God for providing for the last of Rachel's two college payments.

Speaking of Rachel, she did pretty well on her first day of solo teaching, but sounded near panic when she went on to describe all the other stuff she has to get done. I assured her I and others would keep praying for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home