Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Baby Pictures -- Part 1 of 3 (Andrew)

A couple weeks ago Ma Hoyt gave me the idea that I would do my kids a favor by posting baby pictures of them on my blog. She is brilliant, I must say! It took me a while to gather up the courage, but here is the first post of three (that being all the kids I have), showcasing those beautiful children of mine.



Not that Andrew's baby face wasn't just adorable, but this photo is, well, uniquely Andrew. It wasn't taken when he was a baby, but presumably if it were, it would look the same. Isn't biology class fun??



When Andrew was 9 months old we went to live in a village on the island of Malaita in the Solomon Islands where they spoke To'abaita. We were so lucky to have a baby then, because he helped us to fit in. And, as you'll notice in this photo, he had no trouble fitting in himself. Can you figure out which one is Andrew? The other two are named Ebe and Meifuna. Andrew was slow to learn to walk because our friends and neighbors would never let his feet touch the ground since they all wanted to carry him. I truly believe that all the love and overt attention that was lavished upon him from so many people in these early years is what gave him his great personality.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!Gary and family. A big hello from Honiara, Solomon Islands.

I was surfing the net to find something about To'abaita, when I came cross your blog.

That photo of Andrew is in my home village. I remember you and family were there those years ago.

I am a reporter with the Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation.

Gary, To'abaita students in Fiji have a blog TARD at http://www.toabaita.blogspot.com/.
I hope you might check to find what's happening in our part of the world.

Best wishes from all of us from Fo'ondo, and To'abaita, North Malaita.

Regards

Joseph Inomae
j_inomae@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home