Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Washing Machine


The washing machine has been spilling water onto the laundry room floor for some days, and today wouldn't agitate at all. This did cause me agitation, however, so I left work a bit early and went home and tore it apart. I found three things wrong: the water injector was bad (thus the water leaking), the drive belt was frayed (thus the lack of agitator), and there were crystaline flakes of dried bleach all over the inside (caused by a cracked inlet gizzy which I decided not to try to fix. I drove to my favorite repair place, and bought a new drive belt and installed with no problem. But they didn't have the other piece I needed, so I ordered it and will have to go back tomorrow to pick it up. So, if all goes well, this washer will be back washing sometime tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home