Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gary Tries for an Early Christmas Present


Continuing my theme of Gary's Christmas list, today we ran out during lunch hour and he ordered new reading glasses. We're lucky to have the 20% discount, making the total a mere $300! He'd better not lose them. They used some kind of high-index plastic that allows the +8 lenses with prisms to actually be thinner than coke bottles. He's hoping they are ready by Friday, before he leaves for another week of meetings.

Rachel went back to work today, and she stuck it out all day, but she came home sick again. I think she suffers from migraine headaches (as I do) but hers manifest differently than mine. She has a symptom she calls "rolly eyes" along with nausea but only moderate head pain. I usually get severe head pain just on one side, sometimes with nausea. Anyway, I'm trying to convince her to follow the simple directions my doctor gave me which actually really works: take some OTC pain reliever THE VERY FIRST MINUTE YOU NOTICE ANY SYMPTOMS. For me, anyway, that seems to prevent a full-blown migraine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home