Sunday, May 23, 2004

Home, sweet home

We (the five of us in the van) made it home way earlier than the itinerary said because we drove all night. I'm way too old to do that, but the two college boys convinced us because the said they would do most of the night driving. I hardly slept at all, but did manage to stay away for my share of the 17 and a half hours on the road. Doro and her family were surprised when we pulled in at 9:30am, and they were busy getting ready to leave.

I waited my turn for the shower, then decided I felt awake enough to go to DFW and pick Gary up from his flight home. He was surprised to see me too. When we got back from the airport everyone else was asleep. I made a frozen pizza because we hadn't eaten in a long time. Tomorrow I'll have to try to get the house and kitchen back to normal and buy some groceries, make some real food, etc.

It is going to take a few days to get all the stuff resituated (right now the living room is full of suitcases and boxes) and all the mail taken care of etc.

We all ended up with some pretty nasty sunburns. Gary's head is glowing, I look like a racoon with white eyes, Rachel has a flesh colored watch shadow on her red arm. The pain has gotten worse as the day has gone on. We were there prepared with umbrellas, not sunscreen.

It was a hectic trip, but great to see two supporter families and my sister, her family, and my brother. Although everyone complains about me taking photos, I took them anyway and if any of them turn out, maybe I can post them here or at my website.

Rachel checked her test scores when we got home--YAY! SHE PASSED! (This was the second of three standardized tests she needs for getting her teaching certificate.)

I'm wondering if anyone is reading this blog. If so, please leave a comment so I will know if I should keep it going.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda, I am wondering who you are... I saw that you had visited my site (the_apple_tree) and followed you back here. And now I'm reading away. You're circumstances place you in the same town, and probably in the same work. But I'm not sure who you are!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home