Friday, December 24, 2004

Santa Claus in a Golf Cart

My mom pretty much runs the place here, a mobile home community of winter Texans known as Bibleville. Some people live here year round, but most are only here for the winters. Anyway, the UPS man brought all the park's packages to mom's house today since the office was closed. She had to deliver them so I went with her. It might be south Texas, but it is freezing here. Literally. The golf cart steering wheel was dripping with icicles and the wind was bitterly cold. I went with her as she dropped off 6 or 7 packages to various folks around the park. It reminded me of my growing up in cold Michigan.

It is Christmas Eve, but we've decided not to go to church tonight due to the bad weather. I feel sorry for those families here who don't have heat. And I bet they are worried about the orange crop too.

We've been sluggish and lazy most of the day. But I guess that is what vacations are for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home