Sunday, December 12, 2004

Third Sunday of Advent

The week flew by pretty fast, after our busy weekend. On Monday night we attended the Messiah at Bass Hall in Ft. Worth. It was the second time I had been there, and first time for Gary. It was great, but we had these annoying 20 year olds in front of us who definitely grew up watching Sesame Street. At intermission we changed seats.

Then Tuesday night we had a sit-down dinner with our church Bible study group. A message on my answering machine said it had been canceled due to the death of a sister of one of our members, and somehow I didn't get the message that it was back on until two hours before mealtime, and I was supposed to make a potato casserole. Hard to do when you don't even have a potato in the house. Fortunately, Janet had a bag of spuds to lend me and I managed to whip something together.

Then Thursday night we attended a choir production at the church of one of our coworkers.

Friday night was choir party, so by Saturday I was pretty ready to sit home and do not much.

I did so little that Gary couldn't find any clean brown socks to wear to church today since I hadn't done the laundry :-( But we were too busy today to do it, so I guess he has to wait at least until tomorrow. Tonight we had the church's family Christmas. Lots of nice music including Gary's cool arrangement of "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."

We thank God for helping Rachel last week to finish all her big projects. She has exams this week and unfortunately got kind of sick over the weekend. She is also still looking for a ride home on Wednesday night or Thursday morning and I'm hoping I don't have to drive up there again.

This week promises to be busy too: I've got to get the Christmas packages in the mail, the oil needs to be changed in the van, finish writing the Christmas cards, and of course, do the laundry.

David has bought a ticket home, Dec 21-29. He may have to quit his Best Buy job since they probably don't like him being gone those days.

Reports from Andrew are good, though I do believe he is certifiably crazy! His attempt to buy Red Sox tickets yesterday failed, sorry to say. He reported good meetings with USAID and some progress getting permissions for the AIDS project they hope to start. We also learned he will fly to NC in April for some meetings.

OK, lots to do, so I'd better go to bed so I can get some strength to do it all tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home