Sunday, January 16, 2005

Christmas Vacation is Finally Over

It ended today when Rachel left to return to college. Now I will catch up on a few unfinished chores that have been hanging over my head since late November.

Rachel did end up doing quite a bit of scanning work, which was good. It will be a few weeks before she sees the money, but it will help with another college payment. Just 5 more months of payments to go, but it is still a lot of money. If we get a tax refund, that will help make a payment also. And maybe Gary will do a consulting job in Michigan sometime in the spring.

We haven't heard much from David except that he plans to attend the inauguration this week. And that he's taken up some of his brother's ways when it comes to selling things on ebay.

I phoned Andrew yesterday but had a terrible connection. That made me sad because we had some Very Important Things to discuss. He had a great time with Laura visiting him. She got some digestive sickness part of the time, so I hope she recovers quickly. At least he has internet connections, so that means we get most of the Important Information eventually.

Rachel starts her teacher seminar right away tomorrow morning. Then student teaching starts in another week. She is both excited and scared, but I think she will do OK. Please pray for her with student teaching, as well as for her to find a job for the fall. Applying and interviewing for a teaching job would need to happen later this spring.

She ended up with a good selection of "professional" clothes. I spent quite a bit of time shortening pants and remodeling stuff from the botique, but I think she is pretty much set for new clothes.

Tomorrow is a Center holiday--yay! Gary has promised to cash in some of his I'll-clean-my-office hours. His office badly needs some cleaning. Yesterday he fixed my bird feeder which had fallen over. The legs would no longer work because the bottom 4 inches of the post had gone rotten. So now it is 4 inches shorter, but it is standing strong. I hope the birds come back.

We will be doing some thinking about rearranging more rooms over the next few weeks, the music room and my new computer room (Rachel's former room). OK off to Arlington for Bible study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home