Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Big Bug



Some things do grow bigger in Texas. We found this dead bug yesterday. I tried to look it up in my insect book, but couldn't identify it. Any ideas? And while it is large, it is considerably smaller than the rhinoceros beetles we used to have in the Solomon Islands. (Hmm, it may be a female Eastern Hercules Beetle. I found that info while using google images to look for a rhinoceros beetle.)

The power at our office is still out, and may be until Friday. Rumor is that $25,000's worth of copper cable has to be replaced. I used my unexpected holiday to organize and upload all of my photos from our trip to the Dominican Republic and Andrew and Laura's wedding. If you are interested in having a look, here is the link to my website. The four new sections of photos can be found under the link called "Some favorite photos."

Andrew and Laura leave tomorrow at 3pm. Pray for God to give them a safe trip and a smooth transition to their new life as a married couple in Ethiopia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home