Saturday, July 08, 2006

Is David There?

Today David was to have flown to San Pedro Sula to join Andrew and Laura for almost three weeks. There was a blank message on my answering machine when we got in this evening--maybe they tried to phone?

We spent quite a bit of time preparing for our upcoming trip (July 18-27)to Honduras today. I printed out and filled in a bunch of paperwork for Samaritan's Purse which they require for Gary. He's missing three of the immunizations they asked dates for; I hope that doesn't matter.

I also packed two hardside suitcases full of more of those children's books. We will take them to Andrew and then Andrew will take them to Ethiopia when he returns there in the upcoming months to orient his replacement (whom they still haven't found, sad to say).

And now Gary is beginning his database work in earnest. Today I translated (with help from Babelfish) the Spanish questionnaire that they use to interview people wanting an HIV test. Gary used that to make the table names in his database.

In other news, we are soon expecting Doro to join us for six weeks. I think she's coming on Monday, but I don't know if I even have her exact flight info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home