Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Failed



Rachel had no sub job today (which is kind of unusual), so I had her drive to the garage where I dropped of the van for its annual inspection. We went off for lunch and then to the Dancewear store so Rachel could buy some character shoes. No, she has not taken up dance, but these particular shoes will stay on her feet and have heels and closed toes, which is what she needs for Jessica's wedding.

Then we went back to the garage and they said my van failed inspection--power steering fluid was leaking. So I left the car with them to be fixed and Rachel drove me home. I have to drive to the airport tonight to pick up Gary and his coworker, but I guess the trunk in her car will be big enough to hold the luggage.

While I was writing this post, Andrew called from Houston. He's spending the night at David's house on his way back to Honduras from Ethiopia. He said his time went well there, but he did end up extending his stay by two days. He was reminded of how hard it is to do business in that country, but he was also reminded of the good personal friends that he and Laura miss from there.

I've got our tree decorated, and Rachel has a few things up on her side too. I'll get a photo of the tree sooner or later.

Later--The leak in the power steering was nothing more than a loose clamp, so they fixed it for free and I got my car back before the trip to the airport. Gary did arrive safely and got a chance to chat with Andrew while we were driving home from the airport. We left Rachel's car at the same garage to have the brakes looked at--they are very squeaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home