Friday, December 22, 2006

Update

My mom arrived safely yesterday afternoon. She travels light, one little suitcase. She mailed the Christmas gifts ahead, so she didn't have to worry about them while traveling. Rachel made dinner for us last night (with a little help from me with the dishes), and then Rachel went out and bought us a new puzzle to work on--I had forgotten to buy a free one at the botique.

At the moment Gary is on the phone with Andrew. Andrew's company has opened a new office in Tegucigalpa, and now they are trying to port the software that Gary wrote to the new office. But, of course, it is never that easy.



Before he started talking business, Andrew told us about a Christmas gift he got yesterday. He got to his office and there was a cardboard box three feet long on his desk, a gift from the bank where his company does their million-dollar business. It was a roast pig. (The photo above I snatched off the internet; I wish Andrew would have taken a photo.) He was taken aback by this gift, but when he took it down to the staff kitchen, his staff knew exactly what to do with it and made short order of it!

We are about to go dress shopping, believe it or not. Gary is buying new dresses for me and my mom for our Christmas gifts. Fortunately, he's letting us pick them out. After that, we're going to Panera Bread for lunch.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Caleb Bell said...

I can verify that you did, in fact, go to Panera Bread today.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Thainamu said...

So, is squash soup good?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home