Thursday, August 30, 2007

Message from Grandpa to Grandkids

Grandpa Wendell sent us an email about the travails of small skin cancers:
Went to the Den of Dermatology yesterday. That usually results in about a dozen shots of liquid nitrogen on things that don't appear too harmful and usually two biopsies of spots that do. This time there were three biopsies so the nitrogen shot quota was cut down to ten. Odds are that two or more of the three will come back positive, meaning more trips to the needle-and-knife show. Gary is fortunate in having his mama's dark skin but I wonder about the grandchildren; they all appear very light skinned. Has anybody ever told them that they should be wearing a hat all the time in the sun, especially those that live in the tropics? All my problems stem from my childhood; nobody told me to put a hat on until I was 50 and that was way too late..

And if you don't believe him, check here.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been telling David this for years! (...well, okay, months). But, he doesn't listen to me when I tell him to put on sunscreen...how did you get him to wear it as a kid. Any tips?

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Thainamu said...

My advice: don't discuss it, just slather him with it. He'll get upset, but he'll get over it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home