Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yay for David!

We got an email from David saying he had done very well on his USMLE scores (that 8-hour test he had to do a few weeks ago):

oh, great news. I got my USMLE scores today. I actually did much better than I was expecting. I ended up with a 251, which is 1.8 standard dev. above the mean. In other words, that score is good enough to get into pretty much any residency program. Now my grades on the other hand... But seriously, I think it puts me in a great place to get into U of Washington or OHSU or maybe even a Boston school for ophtho. Very happy about that.


We are starting to make plans for a weekend visit to go see David in the next month or two. Sarah's mom is coming to visit, so it would be a chance to meet her.

In other good news, last night Gary and I finished the deck refinishing project. Rachel and I had worked on it the night before also. It looks nice now, but not completely evenly colored.

In more other good news, Gary got word from the National Science Foundation that his grant through GIAL had finally gotten the official approval. That gives him $ to hire a research assistant to do some of his projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home