Sunday, April 27, 2008

When the Cat Is Away

...the mouse will play. And by "cat" I mean Gary; by "mouse" I mean me; and by "play" I mean throw out things and move furniture. I do have an overarching plan for these activities, however--and it isn't just to irritate Gary. The plan is to make room for our new grandbaby! I know that child does not want to read 25-year old computer journals.

Gary is also missing his wild flower garden while he is away. April is the best month to live in Texas--too bad he's gone for half of it this year. I've had a couple chances to chat with Gary over Skype (the guy who invented that was a genius!). His big speech is tomorrow afternoon, which means it will really be while I'm alseep tonight. (Click on the photo below to get a better look.)


In other news, Andrew sent email that he had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday. The process did not go that smoothly as the dentist had to cut the tooth into three pieces and the root had a 90 degree turn in it. He must have inherited his father's teeth! No news about a new job for Andrew yet, but they did buy their tickets to come to Dallas on May 23. We expect them to live with us for a minimum of 2 months while job hunting and having a baby.

To make room for them and baby, we're kicking Rachel out! Well, that sounds pretty drastic, doesn't it? We aren't kicking her out in a mean way, and it appears the Lord has provided a place for her to live for free right here in our neighborhood in exchange for some dog and grandma sitting. We thank God for that. But she is having some feelings of being unsettled as I'm already making her start to pack up her stuff. And that takes us back to the moving furniture. I"m trying to convert our piano room into a storage room (we have no garage or attic space) for Rachel's stuff and Andrew and Laura's stuff until permanent living arrangements have been settled. Either that or rent a storage room, so I'm trying to do this the cheap way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home