Saturday, May 13, 2006

Landed

We got a call this morning from Andrew and Laura. They had safely landed in Charlotte and had had a night of sleep. Andrew recounted several stories of the difficulties of their travel including more serious problems with their travel documents, a flat tire on the airplane, one bag lost on the flight from Africa to Newark and another bag lost between Newark and Charlotte.

Then, to make matters worse, while I was sitting here talking with them on the phone, I spied an envelope under a pile of papers on my desk that held the two ATM cards that I was supposed to have mailed to them along with their plane, rail, and World Cup tickets last week! I couldn't believe I failed to do that! They need these cards in order to get cash now that they are back in the USA. We are hoping that their friends, Yvi and Scott, who are meeting them today at their hotel for lunch and shopping, will be able to give them some cash until I can get these cards express mailed to them next week.

I think the plan is for Laura to go to NYC for the week while Andrew is in meetings, and then next weekend they meet back in Charlotte before leaving for Honduras. I'm sorry we can't see them while they are in the US, but not this time. They make me tired just thinking about their lives.

Any of you who have prayed for them in their travels, I thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home