Monday, August 16, 2004

How did D. do on his test?

Everyone is asking me (all three of you). Well, he was gone from the house over 12 hours, and came home with a fried brain. Today he slept until 2pm to recover. He said it was harder than he was expecting, but he did finish all the questions, so that is a good sign. It will be 6-8 weeks before he learns his score.

I made progress today getting the "new" car paperwork taken care of. It is a '93 Nissan Maxima. I got it insured and inspected. Tomorrow I hope to get the title transferred.

I think we came to the conclusion that David will take this new car to Washington DC with him. He won't need it to get to work, but he would need it for other things. The fact that he will have a free parking place helped make the decision. He will have to pay the insurance, but it will be reasonable if we keep him on our policy. We will have a mechanic check the car over carefully just to make sure everything is good. I let Rachel drive it today for a short trip. She did just fine, but said the visiblity isn't as good as the old Reliant. Speaking fo the Reliant, I'm going to try to sell it for $500.00

Well, I talk like the decision has been made about D.'s housing, but actually it hasn't yet been finalized. I think tomorrow he will have a phone interview with the director of the program and if he is accepted, then he can finalize plans. If all works out, he will leave Dallas on August 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home